TL;DR the file access to IO and registers is quite different, and the recommended method — thanks to the new Linux kernel that BBB uses — is to use something called the Device Tree.
We know all the ways the world will end. And yet, we continue. Our action in the present implies an optimism about the future, even if that optimism is skeptical, worried, or dark. For Speculations (“The future is ______”), Triple Canopy is inviting writers, artists, scientists, activists, economists, and technologists to bet on futures they want to see realized and to describe them as clearly as possible, while considering what demands these futures make on the present. The speculations will take the form of daily lectures and debates in Villar Rojas’s installation and discussions within the structure created by Cerrillo, which will also house a library and an offline file-sharing network for collective speculations, designed by artist and programmer Dan Phiffer.
Saturday, June 1, 3 p.m.
Chris Csikszentmihalyi is an artist working on technologies that rebalance power between citizens, governments, and corporations, and cofounded and directed the MIT Center for Civic Media. Mary “Missy” Cummings is one of the Navy’s first female fighter pilots and director of the MIT Humans and Automation Lab. Thomas Keenan is director of the Bard Human Rights Project. They will debate the future of drones. Tickets are available for this session.
Best drone strike video I’ve ever seen.
Babies are supposed to like high-contrast mobiles, but I didn’t like any of the high modernist alternatives out there, so I made my own. Carbon fiber band, lots of black and white animals, and of course Tux the GNU/Linux penguin and Anonymous to keep watch over her.
A strong interactive graphic showing drone attacks, 2% of the victims of which were the intended target.http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/
A very nice representation of Fourier series… not quite the best I’ve ever seen, which was one that drew a crab perfectly, claws and all.
Vote with your stomach. Local samosa / rolex store uses voting ballot recycled into a lunch bag.
- A 14-year-old suburban Atlanta boy shot and killed his 15-year-old brother while playing with their mother’s handgun.
- A 26 year old was shot and killed while driving in San Francisco.
- A woman in an El Paso County, Texas shooting range was hit in the knee by a bullet that ricocheted off a trash can.
- Two women were shot to death in a Dallas-area home.
- Two women were injured after someone opened fire at a crowded soccer field in Las Vegas.
- A 15-year-old girl was shot while sleeping in her bed when her Anchorage home was shot at.
- A 7-year-old boy in Tallahassee shot a 5 year old with a gun he found in a 22-year-old relative’s room.
- A Huntsville woman shot her boyfriend after the two had an argument.
- A 23-year-old man died after being accidentally shot in a Greshman, Oregon home.
- A Cleveland father has been charged in connection with the death of his 6-year-old daughter from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- A man was found shot dead in a parking lot in Greenville County, South Carolina.
- Two people were shot and killed outside an inn in Hampton, Virginia.
- A Colorado Springs man was driven to the hospital with a gunshot wound.
- One man was shot at a Martin Luther King Jr. parade in Jackson.
- An 11-year-old boy was shot in an Oklahoma City apartment complex.
- Police believe gang violence is to blame for the shooting death of one man in Santa Ana, California.
Yes, well clearly this is what the framers of the constitution were referring to…